Personal injury claims are sometimes difficult to pursue, especially when an insurance company is involved. Insurance negotiations are tough to go through for someone who is not being represented by an attorney. Working with an attorney allows an injured victim to pursue compensation without the major stress and time that can be involved in a pursuit alone. With this information, injured individuals will know how to proceed with their personal injury claims when they hire an attorney in Royse City, TX.
Personal injuries occur because of auto accidents, dog bites, assault, and many other scenarios. If a person has been injured because of the negligence of someone else or a company, the injured party needs to be aware they hold the right to pursue the one who caused their injuries. The steps involved in pursuing an injury claim include:
- The first step in the process is a consultation meeting with the attorney. This meeting outlines the steps of recourse and helps determine the best means of pursuing compensation. At the consultation meeting, the attorney will begin to work towards placing a value on the claim, so a fair outcome is pursued.
- Once hired, the attorney will begin filing the initial paperwork to ensure there are no delays that would cause problems with the statute of limitations. The first step is filing a complaint and summons, and then the defendant must provide an answer.
- Fact finding and discovery are crucial parts of the claim because they allow both parties to gather facts and discover information that will help them in the case.
- Resolutions before trial sometimes occur and allow settlements to be reached without the intervention of the court. Mediation and arbitration meetings will sometimes allow individuals to avoid court.
- The trial is a process that injured victims should never go through alone. Working with an attorney will allow individuals to protect their rights and ensure the process proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Once the case has been won, the collections process will begin with the attorney in Royse City, TX. If an unfavorable outcome occurs, the attorney will appeal. Through the process, injured victims can rest assured they will have an advocate working on their side.
If you have been seriously injured due to the neglect of a person or company and would like to learn more, click here. Contact the law offices of Tim Hartley so they can schedule your appointment.