A felony, any felony, is a serious crime where actual prison time could be served. To avoid this, an experienced felony lawyer in Lebanon County, PA will be needed to help defend the accused. Here are some very strong reasons why a lawyer needs to hired posthaste.
* If one is charged with a crime, especially a felony, the prosecuting attorney has a strong belief that they have a case against that person. They may have evidence which is detrimental to the accused. However, not all evidence is admissible in court and some evidence may be able to be suppressed due to technicalities in the law. An experienced attorney will know all the loopholes and ins and outs to aid the accused in the best way that they can.
* A felony conviction can prevent someone from getting certain types of jobs, owning firearms, and may even prevent them from entering certain countries. There is no reason to lose your freedom when a felony lawyer in Lebanon County, PA may be entirely capable of getting the charges reduced or even dropped.
* An attorney can intervene on behalf of the accused and let them know what questions should or not be answered. They can also arrange bail to get out of jail.
* To be truly effective, the accused must be completely honest with their attorney. Remember that anything shared between lawyer and client is protected by strict privacy laws. The more the attorney knows, the better they will be able to assist you.
* The attorney will most likely have plenty of experience defending other similar cases. They will know which laws apply to specific crimes and what past judgments can be used as precedents. Lawyers spend years mastering the law so that you don’t have to.
The law offices of Melissa R. Montgomery have plenty of experience in all sorts of felony cases, from the violent to white-collar crime, they have seen and defended them all. Contact them if you or a loved one is in trouble and need the best chance to get out of it with minimal damage.