As per the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, 857 bicyclists were killed in crashes with motor vehicles in the United States in 2018. That’s a 6% increase from 2017. Given Atlanta’s crowded roadways and mild climate, bicycling is a preferred mode of transportation for many residents. After being seriously injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by the carelessness and negligence of somebody else, you’ll want to be represented by an experienced, effective and successful bicycle accident attorney in Atlanta.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
There are a wide variety of causes of bicycle accidents in and around Atlanta. Here are a few of them:
• Vehicles failing to yield the right-of-way and turning left in front of bicyclists.
• Driver’s failing to properly check for bicyclists when changing lanes.
• Vehicles driving across bicycle lanes when making right turns.
• Vehicles pulling out from side streets, alleys or private drives.
• Motorists and their passengers opening doors in front of an oncoming bicyclist.
• Loose manhole covers and storm sewer drain covers.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
In the event of an accident, other than maybe a helmet, bicyclists have nothing to protect them from injuries. They’re vulnerable and exposed. Here are some of the more common injuries that our bicycle accident attorney in Atlanta might see:
• Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
• Multiple fractures, including facial and dental fractures.
• Damage to vital organs.
• Joint damage.
• Road rash with infection.
Don’t give the opposing insurance company any type of a statement. It will only try to use your own words against you in the future. Instead of that, arrange for a free consultation and case review with a quality bicycle accident attorney from our offices at the Champion Firm, P.C. Call us to arrange for that consultation at 404-594-8044, or use our online contact form at https://www.thechampionfirm.com.