Although no one wants to have to face bankruptcy, it is often the only viable option for a person overcoming debt. When an individual has tried to work with their creditors, to no avail, they may be eligible for bankruptcy, depending on their financial situation and the amount of debt they owe. It is critical a person does not ignore their debt or the collection attempts because the issue could grow in severity. When someone feels like they are drowning in their debt, it can be helpful to meet with a Bankruptcy Law Attorney in St. Louis County MO.
These steps will help individuals to prepare for their meeting with the bankruptcy attorney:
* One of the most important pieces of information a person can bring to their appointment is a list of all of the creditors they owe and their contact numbers. It is also helpful if the individual includes their account numbers and how much is owed to each creditor.
* Individuals need to gather their financial records, including bank statements, tax return documents, check stubs, and any other pertinent pieces of financial information so they can be reviewed by the Bankruptcy Law Attorney in St. Louis County MO.
* The attorney will need to see any documents and records related to any loans the individual is still paying on, including their mortgage and car payment.
* Taking the time to make a list of all of the personal property that may be repossessed or foreclosed on can allow the attorney to begin gathering the information that will be needed to ensure they can start the bankruptcy process.
* The individual filing for bankruptcy will also need to detail a list of all of the real property they own, such as homes and land.
* It is wise for a person to gather a list of questions they want to ask the attorney so they will not forget them during the meeting.
If you are facing more debt than you can pay off, there is help available by hiring an attorney. For more information on your bankruptcy options, contact us. With a consultation appointment, you can get started on the process.