Every year in the U.S., there are approximately 1.7 million Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) related hospitalizations, deaths, and emergency departments visits. Brain injuries not only impact on the victim’s financial stability but also their quality of life. When a person suffers a brain injury due to the carelessness or negligence, they may have a legal recourse to recover compensation for their injuries. A knowledgeable injury lawyer can assist brain-injury victims against irresponsible doctors, motorists and truck companies. To file a brain injury case, the injured victim must have suffered a trauma due to some else’s negligence. Here are some essential details to know before hiring a brain-injury attorney.
Types of Compensations Received by Brain-Injury Victims
When a person files a lawsuit after suffering a brain injury, they may be awarded compensation for:
- Medical expenses: victims of brain injuries can recoup compensation for any medical bills caused by the accident. These include rehabilitation expenses, medical expenses, and occupational and physical therapy costs.
- Pain and suffering: victims may claim monetary damages for any lasting emotional or physical pain, such as amnesia or brain damage.
- Lost wages: persons who suffer brain injuries may miss substantial time at work. By filing a brain injury case, they may recover compensation for any lost income or missed checks.
Three Primary Duties of a Qualified Brain-Injury Lawyer
- Filing the case: a proficient accident attorney will handle all the paperwork and documentation involved when filing an accident case. They will ensure that all the relevant documents are forwarded to the right judicial representatives to avoid delays on the day of the hearing.
- Obtaining sufficient evidence: a knowledgeable injury attorney can help the injured victim gather sufficient evidence for the case. This may include witness statements, medical reports and workplace report.
- Representation in court: an experienced injury lawyer will represent their clients ardently in court. They will present all the available evidence and answer questions on their clients’ behalf.
These are just some important details to know before hiring a competent brain-injury attorney. To choose the right brain injury-lawyer consider factors such as education, confidence, commitment, location, price and previous records. For additional info on the benefits of hiring an experienced injury attorney, and how to contact one
Connect with us on Facebook for our latest updates.