Choosing the best personal injury lawyer in Bronx NY can seem difficult, especially when already dealing with physical injuries. Unfortunately, dealing with tightfisted insurance companies or filing a lawsuit are not situations that most people want to handle alone. Professional legal assistance can be invaluable.
What Factors are Most Important When Choosing an Attorney?
Choosing an attorney is similar to choosing any professional. It isn’t easy to judge how qualified that person really is. As someone once said, every doctor who graduates, even the person with the lowest grades, has the same MD after their name.
When searching for a lawyer, there are three general areas to consider.
* What were the results the lawyer obtained in similar cases and what are his or her qualifications and reputation?
* When the lawyer explains the case and legal issues, is it easy to understand?
* After meeting with the lawyer, do you believe that he or she will be able to help with your legal problem?
Past Results, Qualifications and Reputation
* Consider an attorney’s past results in similar cases. While that does not guarantee a similar result, it does demonstrate experience.
* Look at awards the attorney received and whether or not the attorney is highly rated on Avvo or Martindale-Hubbell. Some attorneys may have also pursued additional training in an appropriate specialty.
* If an attorney has been practicing for many years, it should be fairly easy to find out their reputation with past clients or other attorneys. A young attorney may be very skilled, but it takes years to establish a reputation.
Easy to Understand
Whether or not a lawyer can make a complicated legal issue understandable to anyone is important for two reasons.
* It’s important to understand your own case and what to reasonably expect.
* If the attorney can’t explain it to you, how would a jury ever understand?
If a client has no confidence in their attorney, they will lay awake worrying. Attorneys with confidence in their own abilities impart that feeling to their clients.
Kiley, Kiley, & Kiley PLLC has been serving clients in New York City and the surrounding region for more than 40 years. They are proud to display their past results and testimonials from clients. If seeking an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in Bronx NY, visit us to learn more or request a review of your case.