Each year, nearly 5,000 people die from being in an accident that involves motorcycles. This does not include the 80,000 people that are injured due to motorcycle accidents. When an incident occurs, it will depend on how severe the accident is on how hectic the scene can become rather quickly. If the situation is not handled correctly, it can make it difficult for the victim of the accident to gain compensation from the responsible party when a claim is filed. Fortunately, a motorcycle accident lawyer in NYC has the knowledge required to help you successfully fight any claim you have against the responsible party.
Five Steps to Follow When Injured in an Accident
1. You first want to access the situation and determine if anyone is injured.
2. When an accident occurs, you should immediately call emergency personnel so they can treat anyone that is injured and secure the are to prevent anyone else being involved.
3. It is vital to not admit fault for an accident, especially if you are the victim and another individual was negligent. This can be harmful to your claim when you file one.
4. You should immediately be checked out by a medical professional even if you do not feel injured. Sometimes the adrenaline from the accident can prevent you from feeling an injury at the time of the incident.
5. Before speaking with anyone else, you should consult with a motorcycle accident lawyer in NYC.
Obtain the Knowledge of a Trusted Attorney for Your Claim
A well-established lawyer will have the knowledge and experience you require in filing an accident claim. They will know how much financial compensation you will be entitled to for your specific injuries. The law firm of Frekhtman & Associates understands the law and how to file a claim to ensure you do not jeopardize your case. They will vigorously fight your claim for you and to hold the responsible party liable for their actions.