When it comes time to identify a suitable custody arrangement with your soon-to-be ex-spouse, there are some documented facts and figures you should take note of:
- There are over 14 million single parents in the US who have sole custody of a child or children.
- Of these parents, less than 18% are fathers.
- Nearly half of custodial parents who do not have legal visitation rights are still required to financially support their children.
- Approximately 29% of custodial fathers receive financial support, while upwards of 54% of custodial mothers receive monetary aid.
Additionally, it’s important to note that the legalities and complexities involved in today’s child custody landscape are incredibly difficult to understand for the typical individual, which is why your local child custody attorney plays such a crucial role in today’s day and age.
What Can a Reputable Lawyer Do for Me?
If you partner with a time-tested child custody attorney in Mequon, WI, you’ll be able to work hand-in-hand with a knowledgeable professional to establish a suitable course of action, which can include the following:
- Conduct unbiased mediations and negotiations with the other party
- Manage and facilitate all paperwork deadlines and documentation requirements
- Delineate desirable custody arrangements, maintenance necessities, visitation schedules, and other integral aspects.
- Assist with interstate or international jurisdiction cases if required
- Modify pre-existing agreements or unfavorable settlements
- Advocate on your behalf in court
To put it plainly, your child custody attorney will utilize all of his or her resources, support staff, and connections to ensure a positive outcome for your specific case.
What Can I Expect During My Initial Consultation?
If you schedule an introductory appointment with distinguished legal organization in your area – such as Fraker Law Firm, S.C., for instance – you’ll have a chance to speak with a sympathetic professional who can tout multiple decades of experience within the family law niche. In as little as one meeting, you’ll be able to gain a deeper understanding of the codifications and rules involved in your case, and can then create a comprehensive plan of attack to account for all of your concerns, stresses, and needs.
Regardless of whether your partner (or ex-partner) has hired a child custody attorney, be sure to reach out to a local expert as soon as possible. It’s the most important step you can take when dealing with the sensitive issues of parenthood and divorce.